It seems impossible, but another summer is wrapping up!
Hope you were able to enjoy our big, beautiful sunny and warm world with your little one(s)
Here are a few of the O'Duggan's adventures this summer:
- living history working weekend here on our hobby farm~the "Johndezvous"
- My husband's mom moved in .....again
- raised a baby robin, tadpoles, chicks, baby goats, kittens all with varying degrees of success
- Prairie du Chien roadtrip
- began "Kid Kuisine" program assigning each kid a day to plan, prep,cook,clean-up (with help, of course) Very yummy summer (not saving on grocery expenses,however)
- visited local beaches~Latsch Island, Chester Woods, Whitewater, HokSiLa (Near Lake City)
- caught (and released) fireflies
- picked gallons and gallons of strawberries (need plants? contact me!)
- spent 4th of July weekend in the Dells with ALL 6 kids +Chris and Melissa and Baby Wren...We are 11 now!!!!!!!!
- RV'd to Indianapolis and Madison
- watched meteor shower and northern lights (well, we looked for them anyway)
- hung out in the hammock, deck, "cat porch", garden,
- finished 5 books...began Lord of the Rings on my Droid (11% done...LOVE that function on Kindle)
- watched ALL of the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Community series (July was soooo hot, felt good to veg in front of the fans)
- began a new chicken coop...windows and doors from the ReStore
- cut, hauled, stacked wood (lost 3 very old very large trees in a wind storm)
- got our first official burning permit
- still cutting, hauling. stacking wood
- taught 4 weeks of summer school
- Nelson ice cream 3 times (Rum Cherry AND Maplenut)
- Lanesboro road trip
- Mother-in-law moved out.....again
- celebrated 5 of 6 kids' birthdays...Lee's is in December
- Spa day for Sorcha and Ellie, her best friend
- Laser Tag!
- found 2 letterboxes (check out atlasquest.com and letterboxing.org) We are getting close to finding 100!
- Ren Fest in Shakopee and King Tut at Science Museum coming up!
I'd love to hear your adventures!
Soon we will have many K updates here so stay tuned!
See many of you at Open House on Wednesday, August 31 from 4-7